While my compound is being saved for, I’m living in an apartment community. I gotta tell you, too, it has convinced me more than ever that small gatherings of people who aren’t like-minded are a recipe for destruction…and that’s without the apocalypse happening.
There are a lot of dog owners around here that can’t be bothered to pick up after their pets. So my feral kids can play in the courtyard, I go out there periodically and pick up all the dog crap myself so they don’t squish it and track it in the house. Last time I did this, I left the two pound bag of dog feces on the front steps of the apartment offices. They’re still mad at me about that.
I lost my little garden shovel that I used for gathering purposes and needed another one. So, I was browsing through the store and noticed that there was only a $4 difference between a new garden shovel and a folding entrenching tool. Here’s my thought process on that purchase…
- Not much difference in the cost
- Surprisingly, there wasn’t much difference in the weight
- The entrenching tool is larger and takes up more space
- Both of them pick up poo just fine, although the entrenching tool works better
- Both of them could be used as a weapon, but the entrenching tool makes a much better killing instrument
- The entrenching tool can be used for way more things than the little tiny girly garden tool
- I have dug fighting positions with an entrenching tool, but the little shovel would take forever
- The entrenching tool can be used for gardening just as well as the little shovel
- I can cut down trees with the entrenching tool
I think you can see where I’m going with this. I went home with a new entrenching tool, which was also an item I didn’t already have in my preps. The point I’m trying to get across is this…multi-purpose as many of your prep items as possible. It’ll help immensely in a savings of money, weight, and space.
Now that we’ve covered that, I’ll give you a few more updates for the apocalypse…
Here’s another interesting apocalyptic comic you might enjoy- Joe Golem Occult Detective- Drowning City. It’s coming out this summer.
It’s no doubt that sea levels are rising. If you’re planning your compound on the coast, be careful. There’s not telling where the coast will be.
Read this quote in the paper recently. It was spoken regarding the civil rights movement, but applies equally as well to the end of the world…”A strange wind is blowing and it’s blowing empires away,” Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, 1960’s civil rights leader.
Have you ever wondered what’s up with the ‘sell by’ dates you see in the grocery stores? HERE’s a good article from the Wall Street Journal that covers it.
Has anyone seen the movie Air, starring Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead? I haven’t, so I’d love to post a review from any of my audience that has.
This message was written by Dr. David Powers and his team of preppers, scientists, and reliable conspiracy theory wackos. You can always find me at www.drdavidpowers.com. Thanks for reading!