Here are several litmus tests to determine if you or someone you know is a stereotypical doomsday prepper. When I say stereotypical, I mean in the negative sense. You know, the kooks out there that give us a bad name and are just as likely to cause an apocalypse as survive one.
- There are several vehicles on blocks or otherwise inoperable condition in your yard.
- Your compound consists of enough mobile homes to be considered a trailer park.
- You own more guns than your local police department.
- Every weird noise outside at night signals that the end is nigh.
- All your friends avoid you.
- Your acquaintances have decided that they hope you don’t survive so they can raid your emergency food supply once IT happens.
- Your every decision revolves around being ready, but somehow owning 10 cats fits into your plan.
- The person you’re convinced is the Antichrist changes weekly.
- You want everyone to know you’re the expert, but only in a sneaky “I could tell you, but I’d have to kill you” kind of way.
- You don’t want people to take your photo and you shy away from social media.
This message was written by Dr. David Powers. You can always find me at www.drdavidpowers.com. Thanks for reading!